The old saying goes: April showers bring May flowers.
Well, our weather this past week has varied greatly... Sunday and Monday were sunny and fairly warm. On Tuesday we had a thunderstorm complete with lighting and hail that turned the ground white, but then in the afternoon it got up to nearly 60. Thursday it was windy and it snowed off and on. When it snowed it was close to white-out conditions due to the stiff wind. Friday was cooler and windy, but without any precipitation. Saturday was beautiful. Matt and Silas spent the afternoon and evening on the pond, and us girls went for the 3.8 mile hike through the woods. Then on Sunday, it snowed all day, and currently there are a couple inches out there again (except for a few small snowbanks, most of our snow had left)... I wonder what this week will bring?
Project updates:
The sales shed is coming along nicely- it is now is wired, insulated, and has some boards up on the inside.
Grace and I are working on varnishing the pine boards that will go on the ceiling and walls. We are about half done now, and hope to get the other half done this week.
Yesterday, the Nate and Dad worked on some of the remaining outside projects.
Maple Syrup:
We got all the sap boiled that we had collected from the big run last weekend. Very likely that will have been our last boil. The moths are out and there have been some spring peepers peeping, both signs that the sap season is nearing the end. We'll see what the weather does this week, but we'll probably be pulling taps in the near future.
Starting Seeds:
We planted seed in soil blocks last Friday I think, and now many of the seeds have sprouted and have started growing.
The boy's project:
The boys have been working hard on their latest idea, and since their new craft has withstood it's maiden voyage, I think I now have permission to share pictures. It really deserves a blog post of it's own, so look forward to that in the near future. In the meantime, to settle your curiosity, here is a picture I took on Saturday
There are still some improvements to be made on this raft, since it has a tendency to loose a couple of the barrels in the front if all the crew stands to close to the back... on Saturday, the crew took Grace, Laura, and I for a tour of the pond on it- We had to distribute the weight and stand in a few different spots, but we had a nice ride. ☺ Pretty proud of these boys!!
Also, the first flowers of spring are up and blooming, so I couldn't help but go take pictures of them Saturday. (Good thing I did, they are covered in snow now...)
Comments
Post a Comment