I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! I picked up the camera to see what I had taken for pictures during the month of December and there wasn't much there... So this post will be more words than pictures.
We thoroughly enjoyed a visit from our great-uncle, who was here to spend a week with Grandma. He introduced us to this fascinating website: The Bible Project . I don't feeling like trying to explain it, so you'll have to click the link and then click the "Explore" and check it out yourself. Thanks for coming and spending some time with us Uncle Frank!
And there was music night- Probably the highlight of the night was our arrangement of "12 days of Christmas" using 12 different instruments! --- Major concentration was needed to make this work, but the crew rose to meet the challenge and our performance of it went pretty smooth. We also enjoyed singing some newer Christmas songs, old traditional carols, a cowboy style song, and sharing the Christmas story with music in the background.
The following night was our local church's Christmas program. Most of us were involved in some way. Silas had the lead part in the play this year and did a good job.
The next week is a blur- I got a bug that hung on and wouldn't let go for about a week and a half... I still made it most of my commitments- however ended up cancelling my last two days of lessons before break due to the fact that the cold moved to my eyes... pink eye, followed by a nasty cough is no fun. Thankfully, my siblings have had much milder versions and have only been down for about a day each. I'm finally pretty much over it, and feel like I can resume life again!!
We went caroling again this year- one of my favorite parts of this season. We had some others join us and had a great group of carolers. They sounded good! The only bummer was I had no voice due to the aforementioned bug... I was able to sing the first couple songs and then the rest of the night- well, I sang a note here and there and lip-synced the rest.
We enjoyed a Sunday dinner with my Mom's side of the family. It was a short afternoon but a fun one. They gave us the game "Code Names"- and we have been enjoying it! It's a fun game that works well with our size of family! :)
Christmas day we enjoyed the traditional brunch from Dad's family- egg bake, fruit and rolls! The rest of the day we spent enjoying family time and sharing our afternoon to brighten the day for some others... We had a very enjoyable day. I'm realizing that some traditions are nice- but also glad we are free to try new things on some of the holidays. :) Oh, and we all got new CD's! Nothin' like new music to make this crew happy! Thanks Dad and Mom.
On Saturday after Christmas, we spent the day in the Cities with Dad's side of the family. We don't get to see these relatives very often so enjoyed catching up with some of the cousins and seeing those who could make it. One thing is for sure, at any gathering of that family there is apt to great food- and lots of it! Didn't come home hungry last night! We got to meet the 2 new babies born this past year, as well as a couple of the guys who will be marrying into the family this year. Grandma B. still gives really great hugs!! Love her so!
We celebrate New's Years Eve with a birthday- And then it will be next year-- Wow, this year flew by fast...
And now for the couple pictures I do have:
Our advent wreath was designed and made by Grace this year. Isn't it pretty!
We've done quite a number of different things for advent in the past but this year we named the candles Servant, Compassion, Humility, and Love . All character qualities that Christ showed during His earthly ministry- and calls us to do the same.
Playing music: none of us had festive shirts, so we dressed up our instruments instead!
We thoroughly enjoyed a visit from our great-uncle, who was here to spend a week with Grandma. He introduced us to this fascinating website: The Bible Project . I don't feeling like trying to explain it, so you'll have to click the link and then click the "Explore" and check it out yourself. Thanks for coming and spending some time with us Uncle Frank!
And there was music night- Probably the highlight of the night was our arrangement of "12 days of Christmas" using 12 different instruments! --- Major concentration was needed to make this work, but the crew rose to meet the challenge and our performance of it went pretty smooth. We also enjoyed singing some newer Christmas songs, old traditional carols, a cowboy style song, and sharing the Christmas story with music in the background.
The following night was our local church's Christmas program. Most of us were involved in some way. Silas had the lead part in the play this year and did a good job.
The next week is a blur- I got a bug that hung on and wouldn't let go for about a week and a half... I still made it most of my commitments- however ended up cancelling my last two days of lessons before break due to the fact that the cold moved to my eyes... pink eye, followed by a nasty cough is no fun. Thankfully, my siblings have had much milder versions and have only been down for about a day each. I'm finally pretty much over it, and feel like I can resume life again!!
We went caroling again this year- one of my favorite parts of this season. We had some others join us and had a great group of carolers. They sounded good! The only bummer was I had no voice due to the aforementioned bug... I was able to sing the first couple songs and then the rest of the night- well, I sang a note here and there and lip-synced the rest.
We enjoyed a Sunday dinner with my Mom's side of the family. It was a short afternoon but a fun one. They gave us the game "Code Names"- and we have been enjoying it! It's a fun game that works well with our size of family! :)
Christmas day we enjoyed the traditional brunch from Dad's family- egg bake, fruit and rolls! The rest of the day we spent enjoying family time and sharing our afternoon to brighten the day for some others... We had a very enjoyable day. I'm realizing that some traditions are nice- but also glad we are free to try new things on some of the holidays. :) Oh, and we all got new CD's! Nothin' like new music to make this crew happy! Thanks Dad and Mom.
On Saturday after Christmas, we spent the day in the Cities with Dad's side of the family. We don't get to see these relatives very often so enjoyed catching up with some of the cousins and seeing those who could make it. One thing is for sure, at any gathering of that family there is apt to great food- and lots of it! Didn't come home hungry last night! We got to meet the 2 new babies born this past year, as well as a couple of the guys who will be marrying into the family this year. Grandma B. still gives really great hugs!! Love her so!
We celebrate New's Years Eve with a birthday- And then it will be next year-- Wow, this year flew by fast...
And now for the couple pictures I do have:
Our advent wreath was designed and made by Grace this year. Isn't it pretty!
We've done quite a number of different things for advent in the past but this year we named the candles Servant, Compassion, Humility, and Love . All character qualities that Christ showed during His earthly ministry- and calls us to do the same.
Playing music: none of us had festive shirts, so we dressed up our instruments instead!
"They called him Jesus, Immanuel, a tiny child they knew not what He'd do,
He'd suffer for us- and give us hope and life.
God was thinking of us on that special night!"
That Special Night by Katy Lou and Penny Lea Clark
Comments
Post a Comment