Hello dedicated blog readers,
I looked at the calendar yesterday and realized that it's now August, [How did that happen??], and so the blog has been quiet for a whole month... I'm sorry!
July seemed to go by way to fast... We were busy with normal summer things; farming, gardening (weeding, more weeding, and harvesting), a bit of hay making, a day of chicken butchering (everyone's favorite---or not!), and various random projects. Not much of it was "blog worthy"... We have had a lot more hot humid days this summer than in the past few years, and so some of us made time to go swimming for a bit on some of those "cookers". (Thank you to our friends who let use the dock at their resort! We appreciate it!!)
However, the exciting news is that this past week, the contractors finally arrived and work has begun on repairing the red shed. I'll have pictures of that to share in the near future. The guys have been helping with that project, and also have started making some second crop hay.
The other reason, I didn't get a blog post done in July was because I was using my creative energy for another online project. For the past two and a half weeks I've been helping behind the scenes with "Camp at Home." As I mentioned in my last post, the camp that Grace and I have been involved with for the past few years was unable to hold camp this year. So the staff did the next best thing: provide materials for campers to be able to do some camp things at home. Part of this involved a website where daily videos, activities, and the like were shared with the campers. I was responsible for the design and maintenance of the website (uploading the content that other staff members created- it was a major team effort on the part of all the staff!) Overall, it was a good experience and a whole lot of work, but I enjoyed it. Grace and Laura helped me in various ways during all that, so it was a team effort from here too. Now that is completed, I'll have to get back blogging. (Maybe, just maybe, I can do two blog posts for you all in August....)
Take care, and I'll write again soon!
I looked at the calendar yesterday and realized that it's now August, [How did that happen??], and so the blog has been quiet for a whole month... I'm sorry!
July seemed to go by way to fast... We were busy with normal summer things; farming, gardening (weeding, more weeding, and harvesting), a bit of hay making, a day of chicken butchering (everyone's favorite---or not!), and various random projects. Not much of it was "blog worthy"... We have had a lot more hot humid days this summer than in the past few years, and so some of us made time to go swimming for a bit on some of those "cookers". (Thank you to our friends who let use the dock at their resort! We appreciate it!!)
However, the exciting news is that this past week, the contractors finally arrived and work has begun on repairing the red shed. I'll have pictures of that to share in the near future. The guys have been helping with that project, and also have started making some second crop hay.
The other reason, I didn't get a blog post done in July was because I was using my creative energy for another online project. For the past two and a half weeks I've been helping behind the scenes with "Camp at Home." As I mentioned in my last post, the camp that Grace and I have been involved with for the past few years was unable to hold camp this year. So the staff did the next best thing: provide materials for campers to be able to do some camp things at home. Part of this involved a website where daily videos, activities, and the like were shared with the campers. I was responsible for the design and maintenance of the website (uploading the content that other staff members created- it was a major team effort on the part of all the staff!) Overall, it was a good experience and a whole lot of work, but I enjoyed it. Grace and Laura helped me in various ways during all that, so it was a team effort from here too. Now that is completed, I'll have to get back blogging. (Maybe, just maybe, I can do two blog posts for you all in August....)
Since I don't have pictures ready to share today, here is a song that our family has learned and introduced to our church family this past month. I hope that it encourages you!
Take care, and I'll write again soon!
Ya I was starting to wonder if everyone was ok out east!? 🥺
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from ya'll again ðŸ¤