Skip to main content

Farm project

I left you hanging- waiting for those baby animal pictures, didn't I? Sorry!! The days have been flying by here on the farm and it's been low on the priority list.  The babies will be all grown up before I get them uploaded... 

In the meantime:
Here is one of the most recent farm projects: Can you guess what this is the start of?









Comments

  1. Hmm.... I just can't think of anything but a coral... And I assume that's not what it is?? :)
    But what I wanted to say is I really like the posts!! Looks really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good guess- you were very close. :) This is our first time trying this type of post- We'll have to see how they hold up....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Farm 2023

Hello! This is Grace taking a turn with the blog. I really enjoyed taking pictures this year as I was working around the farm so I thought I would share some of them. I am so grateful to be able to work in God's creation every day and see the beauty of His creation. These pictures are a combination of scenery, plants, animals, and a few other things that will give you a glimpse of my life. This post is long, but I hope you enjoy it! Making plans for the year. Pileated Woodpecker Boiling Sap April 10 April 11 April 12 April 14 Frog Eggs The spiders were hard at work in early May. They had the entire pasture covered like this.     The Cows don't mind the Cowbirds. You can't see the dogs, but Sylvester got treed. 😊     Jack in the Pulpit My primary mode of transportation in the summer along with some awesome pasture. The Cowbirds follow the cows in large flocks and help control flies. Barn Swallows Killdeer nest This cow had 3 calves sucking on her and was content as c...

2020 WY Hunting Trip

My brothers headed to WY in early October on a mule deer hunting trip.  I sent the camera with them, and it came home with lots pictures on it, (good job guys!)   Happy, happy hunters! One of my favorite pictures from their trip. This blog post will features the some of the pictures that they took.  I'm not even going to attempt at the stories. If you want stories you'll have to get them first hand, straight from the source!!  I know they'd enjoy telling you about their adventures. ☺   Nate's first WY buck Packing it out...  Matt found some treasures... And then a buck!! They had a little run in with these bad boys...  Silas didn't get a deer this year- but had fun anyway!  They even took a picture of the cute baby donkey for us! 

June = Making hay + a few other things!

June has been a bit of blur for this crew! Things have been busy here on the farm and in our family. Busyness + adventures = long blog post  ;) Making Hay... The main focus this month has been making hay, (and along with that, fixing equipment.) We've had a bit of a rocky start this year, since the discbine has had way too many breakdowns [more on this later]. Mom has made quite a number of trips for parts. But we are making progress, and getting close to being done with our first crop of hay. The guys started on the field right across the road from our house. So it was easy to take some pictures for y'all to enjoy. Cutting the first field Oh, the smell of fresh cut grass... Raking Baling Hauling hay When we were making baleage on close fields we just hauled 6 bales at a time. When we started making hay a bit further from home, they were using 2 trucks with trailers, and between the two of them, they could haul 15 bales a trip.  ...