I know the blog has been quiet this past month- but that doesn't mean that things have been quiet here on the farm... I'll have to do a update blog post soon, but for now here are a couple pictures from today along with some humor from the music studio.
Maple syrup-- Sap is running really well this week. Yesterday we collected 250 gallons of sap (3 days worth) and another 160 gallons today. We boiled down lots of gallons of sap today and will be boiling again tomorrow.
Since my studio recital is coming up, I've been helping students prepare for it and one of the things we practice briefly is bowing. Here is how the conversation went with one student today:
Me: "When you bow, look at your shoes"
Maple syrup-- Sap is running really well this week. Yesterday we collected 250 gallons of sap (3 days worth) and another 160 gallons today. We boiled down lots of gallons of sap today and will be boiling again tomorrow.
The sap was nice and clear and it made pretty syrup!
About 5 gallons of fresh syrup made today.
Since my studio recital is coming up, I've been helping students prepare for it and one of the things we practice briefly is bowing. Here is how the conversation went with one student today:
Me: "When you bow, look at your shoes"
Student: "What if I don't have shoes on?"
Me: "Then look at your toes"
Student: "What if I don't have my toes on?"
Me:"You can take your toes off???"
Student: *giggles*...
Student: "What if I don't have my toes on?"
Me:"You can take your toes off???"
Student: *giggles*...
You never know what kind of conversations you will have when you teach 5 and 6 year-olds! :)
Comments
Post a Comment