Hi, this is Laura taking a turn at writing a blog post. As you probably already know, the job usually gets left to Emily. But the other day I came across some really great inspiration that was worth sharing. I was cleaning my bookshelf and going through years of writings and drawings. I spent a good share of the time reading and laughing at my stories and terrible spelling. But the best by far were a couple pages of poems I wrote at one point. Of course I never dated my work so I have no idea how long ago I wrote them, but judging from the handwriting, it's been awhile! So here's a few of my masterpieces. Enjoy! (Note: I've copied these as closely as possible from the originals. So expect misspelled words.)
People
Some are red some are white
some are yellow and some have might
some are weak and some are strong
some are there and then are gone
To God their all so special
for their his Holy vessels
God knows all of their Troubles
for their like his own bubbles
(Don't ask me what bubbles have to do with anything, but it rhymes!)
Sail across the ocean Sail across the sea
Sail across Superior and get away from me
Fly over the treetops Fly across a field
Fly acroos Prairie and swoop when I say yield
(Please don't take it personally, but once again, it rhymes!)
Winter
The nights are long
The days are short
in houses we belong
houses filled with candle sticks
and other little Picks
Hope you enjoyed! Have a great day, and remember: you're special to God, just like His bubbles!
Comments
Post a Comment