Hello! Emily here, with a few thoughts that I jotted down a couple Sundays ago.
In the midst of the busyness that Christmas tends to bring I'd encourage you to stop, to breath and to look for small things for which to be thankful.
Here in Wisconsin, we've entered the winter season and the snow has been quickly adding up. It was Sunday morning and I'd been busy practicing music for the morning services, making breakfast, and so forth, but in the midst of it all I realized what I had missed when I was outside doing chores earlier- it was a pretty morning! During the night, frost had settled on any little thing it could, and it outlined all the little twigs on the trees transforming the whole woods into a white expanse.
Have you ever closely observed a frosty branch or twig? The detail is amazing, and reminds me of the God who creates beauty and then shares it with us!!
A couple nights before I stood outside as it was snowing, it was dark everywhere except for in the area of our yard light. The snow was coming down quickly and quite heavily. The stray cat which I tamed last year (and now is a bit of a pest,) followed me and stood at my feet asking for attention. I picked her up and then observed that the snowflakes were clinging to her black coat. As I looked closer, I noticed that they didn't melt right away but instead her hair suspended them and gave me a chance to look closely at individual snowflakes. They were beautiful and unique with each tiny little crystal having a design- which wasn't necessarily the same as the ones landing next to it. God is so creative and I'm thankful that He creates beautiful things to share with us. Tiny, tiny orderly details can only be designed by a master Creator!
The tiny details in creation remind me that God cares and that he cares about the details in our lives as well. Creation shows us glimpses of what God does for those He loves. Lately, I've been thinking about God's love... Mostly because this was the topic of one of the songs that we'd been working up for our Christmas gigs. His great love for the human race which caused Him to send His beloved Son to earth to live the life of perfection and holiness that we are incapable of living. And then in the end Christ gave His life to pay for the price of our sins- the one thing that we need most but can't obtain in our own strength- our sins forgiven and a restored relationship with God. God's love is so great, so vast, so beyond our imagination, and yet it's offered freely to us. This Christmas season I'd encourage you to reflect on God's love- He was thinking about you long before you were born- and gave the greatest gift imaginable, salvation through His Son.
May His love be in your hearts this season!
Merry Christmas!
In the midst of the busyness that Christmas tends to bring I'd encourage you to stop, to breath and to look for small things for which to be thankful.
Here in Wisconsin, we've entered the winter season and the snow has been quickly adding up. It was Sunday morning and I'd been busy practicing music for the morning services, making breakfast, and so forth, but in the midst of it all I realized what I had missed when I was outside doing chores earlier- it was a pretty morning! During the night, frost had settled on any little thing it could, and it outlined all the little twigs on the trees transforming the whole woods into a white expanse.
Have you ever closely observed a frosty branch or twig? The detail is amazing, and reminds me of the God who creates beauty and then shares it with us!!
A couple nights before I stood outside as it was snowing, it was dark everywhere except for in the area of our yard light. The snow was coming down quickly and quite heavily. The stray cat which I tamed last year (and now is a bit of a pest,) followed me and stood at my feet asking for attention. I picked her up and then observed that the snowflakes were clinging to her black coat. As I looked closer, I noticed that they didn't melt right away but instead her hair suspended them and gave me a chance to look closely at individual snowflakes. They were beautiful and unique with each tiny little crystal having a design- which wasn't necessarily the same as the ones landing next to it. God is so creative and I'm thankful that He creates beautiful things to share with us. Tiny, tiny orderly details can only be designed by a master Creator!
The tiny details in creation remind me that God cares and that he cares about the details in our lives as well. Creation shows us glimpses of what God does for those He loves. Lately, I've been thinking about God's love... Mostly because this was the topic of one of the songs that we'd been working up for our Christmas gigs. His great love for the human race which caused Him to send His beloved Son to earth to live the life of perfection and holiness that we are incapable of living. And then in the end Christ gave His life to pay for the price of our sins- the one thing that we need most but can't obtain in our own strength- our sins forgiven and a restored relationship with God. God's love is so great, so vast, so beyond our imagination, and yet it's offered freely to us. This Christmas season I'd encourage you to reflect on God's love- He was thinking about you long before you were born- and gave the greatest gift imaginable, salvation through His Son.
May His love be in your hearts this season!
Merry Christmas!
Comments
Post a Comment